Our mission is to uplift our patients and customers with high-quality, sustainably produced medicine. While we pursue this mission, we are constantly guided by our values – they are the internal compass that remains at the core of everything we do at Firelands Scientific.
Our vision is to harness cannabis and sustainable business practices as a force for good in the world.
• Starting wages are 40% higher than the industry average, starting with a livable wage for all team members and full health benefits plans.
• Committed to growing careers and people, Firelands Scientific sponsors a 401k Plan with a generous company match available to all team members.
• Firelands Scientific is committed to providing healthy options for its patients; Sun Bites TM gummies are natural and gluten free and vape cartridge components are lead free.
• Natural sunlight is leveraged via the uniquely designed all-glass controlled environment greenhouse to reduce the need for supplemental lighting and electricity.
• Over 66% of the light energy delivered to manufacturing facilities comes from the sun.
• The company’s closed loop hydroponic water system with zero run-off reduces water consumption and eliminates the need to send processed water back into the public water system.
• In collaboration with a local nursery, we’ve diverted over 150 tons of organic waste from landfills, instead sending it to compost to be used in local lawn and gardens to grow more plants!
We’ve set a goal of achieving a “Net Zero” energy, water and waste footprint across our operations by 2030.
• We organized a company-wide Sunshine Committee that is responsible for identifying stakeholder engagement, coordinating with local partners and expanding our opportunities to “Uplift Others” in our local community and those of our stakeholders.
• The Sunshine Committee supports employees’ wish list of giving. From the Cleveland Metroparks to Habitat for Humanity and the Arbor Day Foundation, our team members spend work and personal time helping organizations and people who are also committed to helping one another and the environment.
• On Giving Tuesday (December 3, 2019), we donated 10% of all product sales to Project Noelle, a Sandusky-based nonprofit dedicated to helping innocent children in Northeast Ohio who have suffered from the opioid crisis. Additionally, Firelands Scientific employees came together to donate presents for 38 children in need.
• The Sunshine Committee identified a need among our regional first responders for hand sanitizer and other PPE, and we jumped at the chance to collaborate with our supply chain partners on a solution that was additive to the efforts of others. We are proud that our team was able to distribute hand sanitizer to our valued dispensary partners, as well as several fire, EMS, and police departments in the region.